We are expanding our wealth management team and are looking for an experienced Financial Planning professional. This is a key position on the team and will be client facing with the firm’s key clients. A minimum of 3 years planning experience preferably using the eMoney system and a CFP® designation.
The Financial Planner will be responsible for managing the financial planning process and being the expert on the planning systems. This position will work with the advisor team in developing, implementing and monitoring comprehensive financial plans for the firm’s high net worth clients. This position requires a dedication to the Deschutes consulting, planning, and investment philosophies. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-based environment. While business development will primarily be the responsibility of the investment advisors, the Senior Financial Planner will play an integral part in growing the individual wealth management business.
Work with the Wealth Management team to help individuals and families understand their needs and objectives, identify appropriate services, and implement programs to help clients achieve their goals.
- Participate in client meetings and be able to effectively communicate financial concepts and strategies.
- Work with Wealth Management team to collect, process, and analyze the data needed to complete the client’s financial plan.
- Implement and monitor investment portfolios and plans to meet the clients’ objectives.
- Coordinate tasks with the service team.
- Proactively look for ways to add value to the client experience expand client relationships.
- Manage client service schedules and assist with preparing for and conducting client review meetings.
- Prepare investment reviews, portfolio research and analysis.
- Attend and promote company sponsored events and community activities.
- Keep abreast of financial planning changes, news and trends.
- Participate in community and professional events intended to raise the profile of the company outside of regular business hours.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree required.
- Preferably Series 65 licensed.
- Minimum of 3 years of investment planning experience preferably using planning software.
- CFP® credential required.
- Additional professional designations a plus (CIMA®, CFA, ChFC, CPA).
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Wealth management experience working with high net worth clients.
- Solid understanding of financial planning concepts especially retirement planning, estate and tax planning as well as wealth transfer concepts.
- Professional attitude and demeanor, and a strong commitment to confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, as well as financial planning and client relationship management software (eMoney and Salesforce experience a plus).
- High integrity required. Background check will be conducted.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.