Title: Client Relationship Manager
Benefits: Healthcare, 401(k) Plan, Vacation/Sick, Disability/Life
Salary: Competitive compensation based on experience
Date: September 1, 2019
The Client Relationship Manager is a key member of a team responsible for consulting to over 100 retirement plans including 401(k), defined benefit, and non-qualified plans. This position will work closely with the retirement plan consulting team to deliver superior client service to clients, conduct review meetings with plan committees, and ensure that all service commitments are completed in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will be personable with a strong commitment to exceptional client service. This position will require an individual that is comfortable presenting to groups and able maintain strong working relationships with clients, as well as internal and external partners. The candidate should be highly organized and have a solid understanding of complex retirement plans. As an integral part of the retirement plan consulting team, the Client Relationship Manager will be the primary contact for our corporate retirement plan clients, key relationships with record keeping firms, third-party administrators, ERISA attorneys, and other strategic partnerships.
A strong focus on client service, proactive communication with internal team members and clients, organization, attention to detail, flexibility, and the ability to maintain client service plans to ensure all services are completed in a timely manner, are essential role attributes.
- Provide exceptional client service.
- Maintain organized client files and notes to ensure all action items are completed in a timely manner.
- Conduct regular plan review meetings with plan committees.
- Ability to communicate plan features and proper administration to plan committees and staff.
- Knowledge of general investment markets and mutual funds.
- Understanding of the different parties and their roles in providing a corporate retirement plan.
- Coordinate plan conversions with plan record keepers, third-party administrators, and plan sponsors.
- Work with third-party administrators, legal counsel and consultants to resolve any plan administration issues.
- Respond to plan administration questions and discuss plan features with clients and internal staff.
- Create, maintain and update benefit plan administration procedures and processes.
- Stay current on relevant regulatory and legislative changes that may impact plans (e.g. ERISA, DOL, IRS).
- Assist in the production of reports for client meetings.
- Maintain consistent client communication procedures.
- Coordinate investment line up and model changes with recordkeeping platforms.
- Coordinate benchmarking of plans and vendor requests for proposals.
- Special projects for consulting team as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or similar qualifications.
- At least 4 years of experience working with retirement plans.
- Proven track record of providing high quality client service.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work in a team or independently
- Flexibility in adapting to scheduling and work-flow changes
- Ability to prioritize based on competing initiatives and meet both daily and periodic deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem recognition and resolution skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details
- Commitment to process improvement